Not sure where to start? We can help you build your outfit from the top of your head to the tips of your toes, with great hair accessories, fabulous make up, stunning jewellery, delightful bags, bombshell dresses, retro foundation garments, vintage style hosiery & killer heels!
We also have lots of fabulous gift ideas to suit most budgets....
Monday - by appointment
Tuesday 11 - 5
Wednesday 11 - 5
Thursday 11 - 5
Friday 11 - 5
Saturday 10 - 5
Sunday - Closed
If you want to pop by but can't make it within those times it may well be possible to make an appointment. Please e mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01373 469914
Shopping wise you might have noticed we now have a new Gift Ideas section on the website. Just some handy thoughts on some items which make great pressies and you don't need to worry about sizes too much! Gift ideas start from just £7 so you really can find something to suit every budget.
There are more Miss Budd purses in stock in the shop including some wonderful metallic leather purses printed with adorable butterflies and birds. We will add these to the website as soon as we get some pics.
And finally we are expecting deliveries from Trashy Diva, including a re-stock on all sizes of the Trixie Dress and a huge delivery of Stop Staring, including re-stock of the Billion dollar Babys and new party dresses... And a quick note on petticoats - we aren't getting any more before the end of the year and they have started to sell like hot cakes. If you have your heart set on one make sure you don't miss out!
We were over the moon to be interviewed for the very first Coco Boudoir Newsletter by co-founder Geisha Go Disco of House of Go Disco...
Shopping For Your Shape
Too curvy, too slight, too tall, too short… we've all got issues when it comes to buying a great party dress! Geisha got some tips from an expert who says everyone can enjoy shopping, no matter their shape – just follow some simple rules...
Quite often I am told by women I meet that they are anxious about choosing an outfit to wear to Coco Boudoir, but what is really astounding is my recent realisation of how scared women actually are of going shopping at all for evening wear!Jade by Double Shot.tv
As a size 16 myself, I empathise with these women, but would like to share a few words of consolation to those who believe there is nothing for them on the high street. You are not alone! In fact, forget high street. Pencil in a Saturday to yourself, jump on a bus and head to Frome to explore the treasure trove of vintage and reproduction vintage stores of Catherine Hill. There are even a couple of adorable tea rooms and cocktail bars for you to rest up and recharge during your day of material worship.
If you can't get out as far as Frome, you need not worry. Deadly Is The Female - the most well-known and respected reproduction vintage clothing retailer in the South West – also run their shop online at www.deadlyisthefemale.com.
“Being glamorous is mostly about believing in your own femininity and knowing what works for you.” says Claudia Kapp, proprietor of Deadly Is The Female, who offers a one-on-one service to all customers, with a keen eye for finding the inner vintage lady or pin-up queen in you.
“If you are lucky enough to have a generous bust, bottom or both, draw the attention to your nipped in waist. If you have long legs or delicate ankles why not make a feature of them with a pencil skirt and seamed stockings? It's about accentuating your assets, not trying to hide them. Keep this in mind, but remember to maintain a hint of mystery and not flash too much flesh.Geisha Go Disco by David Partner Photography
Claudia says, “Five simple rules to buying clothes that will transform your image as well as your attitude are as follows….”
1. When shopping for an occasion it is a good idea to wear the underwear you'll be wearing on the night. I almost always recommend wearing some form of shape wear when dressing up. Good foundation garments will help you stand up straight, smooth out your silhouette, remove any of that dreaded VPL and all this will lead you to increased confidence. You'll be amazed at the difference it can make!
2. If you know you'll be going to shops which don't sell shoes, take some heels with you. Chances are you'll be wearing heels when you are all glammed up, so coming out of the changing room in mismatched ankle socks or bare feet won't conjure up that same luxurious feeling! Even if the shoes don't end up matching the dress you'll still get the lengthened leg and posture heels create. I always say go for the highest heels you can manage, you can always make a sneaky swap to flats once you've made your entrance!
3. Try everything on! While you are trying one or two things on, you might as well try on five or six! Clothes can look so different when tried on – a hanger isn't always the best representation. Even if the first thing you try is best, the next few items can cement that and sometimes seeing what doesn't work helps you understand what does!
4. Don't obsess about the size label. This is especially true when shopping for vintage items or in boutiques which stock a range of brands. Sadly there isn't a standard size and they can vary hugely from shop to shop. Vintage sizes were a lot smaller than modern sizing too, so this can seem upsetting. Of course use your size as a guide, but if you end up going up a size or two, don't panic. It is better (and more flattering) to have something that fits you than trying to cram yourself into a size when no one can see the label anyway!
5. Have fun! If you are enjoying yourself it will show in the clothes. Take a good friend with you who will be honest and supportive and have a giggle. If you are not in the right mood it might not be the best time to shop – you'll only convince yourself you look horrid in everything, no matter how gorgeous you look to everyone else!Genevieve Lvov in the Deadly shop window by Double Shot.tv
If you haven't heard about Coco Boudoir - where have you been! The next evening is on Saturday the 16th of October (that's tomorrow!) and tickets are selling out fast! We can exclusively reveal that the raffle prize we have donated is a goodie bag with some Besame Make up essentials. The line up looks fantastic - here's the poster with all the info you need...
You can also visit the Coco Boudoir Facebook page or thier MySpace page & don't forget to sign up to their newsletter - you can drop them a note on their Facebook with your e mail address!
The flip side of this is that we are full to bursting, and that is where you come in!
Yes - that is correct! We have over 30 items in the sale, most of which are new to the sale section.
You can find everything from dresses to shoes, from jewellery to lingerie - there is something for everyone.
Save 40% Now just £51.00
DeVille Suspender Skirt
Save 33% Now just £40.00
Save 35% Now just £29.25
BUT REMEMBER - this is a flash sale so most items will go back to their normal price from midnight on the 3rd of October 2010 GMT.
Please also note these offers are only valid online and all sales are final. Orders must be completed by Midnight on the 3rd of October to take advantage of this vey special offer.
Any problems or questions please e mail email@example.com
Stay in touch...
Don't forget the best way to keep track of new items and special offers is through our Facebook and Twitter
From Stop Staring! we'd like to introduce the timeless and sassy Obsession dress in delicious red. We've also brought back your favourites in the Billion Dollar Baby, Flora and Lula Dresses. Stop Staring! are famous for their attention to vintage style detailing and their commitment to helping everyone achieve an hourglass shape!
Prices start from £135.
From the collections brougt to you by Pin Up Couture we have the Sweetiepie dresses by Dixiefried. Shown here in cool clean navy and white (it is also available in black gingham or pink gingham,) it's a wardrobe staple great for any occasion. From Deadly Dames we're so excited about the babydoll dress - the perfect balance between bad girl and 50's dolly. We have more Dixiefried with the timeless Madison Avenue, clearly influenced by Mad Men and the Niagara Dress, a reproduction of the dress worn by Marilyn Monroe in the Femme Fatale movie of the same name!
Prices start from just £85
Vivienne Westwood Shoes
The perfect complements to these stunning dresses are the new Vivienne Westwood shoes from Melissa. These are so easy to wear - they mould to your feet, they wipe clean AND are serious eye and nose candy! The bubblegum scent of these shoes is as delicious as it is surprising!
We had the Ultragirl Bow Flats in before and loved them so much we now have them in soft pearlescent gold with lace effect bow and translucent brown with leopard bow - adorable! And if they aren't darling enough then how about the Ladydragon Cherry heels - they look good enough to eat and are a real must have! Prices start from £70.
Also new in are these fabulous rubber Brogues by Melissa in collaboration with Brazilian Fashion Designer Alexandre Herchcovitch. A fabulous mixture of classic and modern and only £60!